Expressions of interest are now open for the Powering Communities Program. Not-for-profit community organisations in the federal electorate of Burt are encouraged to submit an expression of interest.
Funding of between $5,000 and $12,000 may be sought by not-for-profit organisations in the Burt Electorate for eligible energy efficiency projects. Examples of projects include:
- installing on-site renewable energy and solar-connected batteries;
- replacing a non-inverter air conditioner with a new inverter-driven one;
- installing timers, sensors and digital controllers for electrical equipment and devices;
- replacing non-LED lighting with LED lighting;
- replacing existing hot water systems with new solar hot water heaters or air source hot water pumps;
- replacing existing cooktops with new induction cooktops;
- replacing existing refrigeration with new commercial refrigeration equipment.
- conducting energy use audits and reports
The Burt Grants Committee will assess all proposals before being endorsed and invited to make a formal application.
Expressions of interest close 4 August 2021.
Please note - projects must be complete before 30 June 2022.
If you have any queries about the grant application or whether your organisation may be eligible; please contact my office on 9390 0180 or email me at email@example.com .