About the Burt electorate
The Electorate of Burt is an outer metropolitan seat located in Perth’s south-eastern Suburbs.
Following the Federal Redistribution in 2021, the following areas are in Division of Burt:
City of Armadale, the localities of Armadale, Brookdale, Camillo, Champion Lakes, Forrestdale, Harrisdale, Haynes, Hilbert, Kelmscott, Mount Nasura, Piara Waters and Seville Grove as well as Wungong on the western side of the South Western Highway;
City of Gosnells, the localities of Gosnells, Canning Vale, Huntingdale, Langford, Southern River, Thornlie, Maddington, Kenwick, Beckenham, Martin and Orange Grove.
The following State Members of Parliament also represent our community:
- Armadale - Hon Tony Buti MLA
- Jandakot - Yaz Mubarakai MLA
- Southern River - Terry Healy MLA
- Thornlie - Chris Tallentire MLA
- Darling Range - Hugh Jones MLA
- Cannington - Hon Bill Johnston MLA
- Forrestfield - Stephen Price MLA
- East Metropolitan Region - Matt Swinbourn MLC
- South Metropolitan Region - Sue Ellery MLC
- South Metropolitan Region - Kate Doust MLC
The name of Burt honours succeeding generations of the Burt family for their significant contributions to the justice system and for their wider contributions to public service, specifically:
Sir Archibald Burt (1810 - 1879), first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Western Australia
Septimus Burt (1847 - 1919), whose public roles included that of Attorney-General of Western Australia at the time of colonial self-government, and
Sir Francis Burt (1918 - 2004), who served as a judge of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, Chief Justice of Western Australia, and Governor of Western Australia from 1990 until 1993.